Stakeholders are the individuals, groups or entities that are affected by the products, services or operations of the Company or whose actions, decisions or attitudes affect the strategy, objectives, and operations of the Company. LBF aims to build lasting relationships that add value to both parties, with its stakeholders. LBF has in place a rigorous process to identify its significant stakeholders. Through its process of engagement with the stakeholders, LBF is able to identify and understand their aspirations, concerns and also find ways and means of adding value to the stakeholder relationships in order to build lasting relationships. A process of continuous dialogue and engagement enables LBF to comprehend the aspirations and intents of its stakeholders and take them into consideration in formulating its business strategies, adding value to the relationships. The process of value addition works in directions, giving value to stakeholders and deriving
value from the stakeholders.
Not all issues or concerns will have the same impact on our stakeholders and it will not be a meaningful attempt to address all issues at the same level. Hence, we adopt a process to identify material events that would have an impact on the value creation process so that they could be addressed in a manner that would not adversely affect the creation of value to our stakeholders. At LBF, materiality is assessed by the dual impact an event may have on each area. Thereby, an event is evaluated by the degree to which an issue is significant, not only to society and our stakeholders but also the degree to which it is relevant to LBF’s scope of operations and ethical commitments and its impact on economic, social and environmental aspects of the organization.
• To mobilize public funds by innovating investment products that will enhance the value delivered to our depositors.
• To engage in prudent lending to entrepreneurs to assist them in the creation of wealth.
• To embark on investments in which results can be clearly assessed and seize new opportunities in the market.
• To offer a caring and personalized service that will form the foundation for developing lasting partnerships with our stakeholders, employees and the general public.
• To use training and career development to create an empowered and committed group of employees who will drive the Company to high levels of achievement.
To contribute to the quality of life experienced by our depositors, customers, employees and the general public through partnerships that fuel the growth of our Company and to create shareholder value both in the short
To be a major player in the financial services sector in Sri Lanka