Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) has long been core to our business model and hence it has been a part of our culture, business principles and day-to-day operations. Strengthening our commitment to CSR further, we launched CSR as LBF Sustainability
Our Sustainability Practices
• We conduct our business practices with transparency and accountability;
• We are responsible for the products and services we offer and offer them with the highest level of customer satisfaction;
• We attract and retain the best talent in the industry while continuing to invest in their development and creating a diverse, safe and rewarding workplace;
• We develop a model for community engagement in order to make a difference in the communities where we have a presence while partnering with them to strengthen our relationships;
• We are responsible towards the environment and preserve it to ensure long-term sustainability.
We initiated a strategic shift in our Corporate Social Responsibility approach: moving from a national level focus to a more strategic approach by addressing the international sustainability agenda. LBF has always followed universally accepted guidelines. Analysing the emerging concepts of the global context, we focus our sustainability philosophy on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) put forward by the United Nations (UN), which was implemented as of January 2016. It consists of a call to action to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure that all people enjoy peace and prosperity. This framework is aimed at bold and transformative initiatives which will lead the world on a sustainable and resilient development path. In order to support this sustainability agenda, we have taken steps to align our sustainability platform with the Sustainable Development Goals. SDGs are integrated and inter-connected, and balance the three aspects of sustainable development, i.e., the economic, social and environmental aspects. Our track record of working towards multiple goals provides us with a valuable experience and proven policy expertise to ensure we all reach the targets set out in the SDGs by 2030.